Thursday, December 5, 2013

Wreath Rehab!

Along with the rest of you, or maybe a little later than some of you, I am getting the home decorated for Christmas!!!  I really enjoy decorating this time of year...makes me feel like a kid again. Santas, snowmen, jingle bells...I mean, who doesn't LOVE decorating for Christmas???


I pulled this pitiful, plain wreath out of the attic, hung it by the front door, stood back and felt sad! I actually haven't used it in a few years and now I remember why. A wreath rehab was in order!




Off to Dollar Tree I went as fast as I could. I came back with 4 tubes of Christmas balls for $4 in various shades of gold...what a deal!! Having all these ornaments on hand, I had a fleeting moment of wanting to make a wreath of just the ornaments on a hanger. I am sure you have seen some version of a tutorial and how easy this is supposed to be. I worked at it for a whole 5 minutes, gave up and grabbed the glue gun.
The Santa hanging out in the moon always has a hard time finding a place in my decor too, but I just couldn't get rid of him.  Pretty sure I have had him for 3-4 years from a gift exchange and just knew I would use him at some point...this is the time. Lots of glue on the back of him and on the wreath he went!






Hot glue was then applied to the the top of the ball and the hanger part was placed into the wreath. There is no particular method, just vary different size or color of ornament and glue them in a cluster.  I have always heard to use odd numbers when doing something of this nature, so some clusters had 3, 7, or 9 ornaments. 





Hot glue, the Santa in a moon and gold ornaments...LOVE IT!!
Grab an old wreath, some dollar store ornaments, a hot glue gun and rehab your old wreath!!




No comments:

Post a Comment