Sunday, December 1, 2013

Infinity Scarf...DIY in 5 MINUTES!!







Yes, yet another infinity scarf tutorial!!  It was SO surprisingly EASY, I had to share!! In order to make this tutorial more interesting, I'll share why I made it....you can skip this part if you so desire, but it is a really good story...


I grew up in a small East Texas town that LOVES football. The football team of the late 80's/early 90's was a force to be reckoned. Gladewater lost a football coach that had been with the district for longer than I can remember, maybe this was the beginning of the end. As with any other football program, it has it's up and downs. Sad thing is that the Gladewater Bears have had a LOOOONNNNGGG down time. 
I heard rumor that this was going to be the comeback year! The rumor was correct, the Bears are back! Luckily, the Regional Championship game was going to be 5 minutes from my home in the Dallas area...yippee...love me some high school football. 

Now what to wear???? I might see someone I know!!! School colors are orange, black and white. Got the black and white for sure...orange, not so much. I do have one burnt orange shirt, but that shirt makes me CRAZY!!!!  Light bulb moment...I can make an infinity scarf out of that shirt I hate and there you have it...black, white and orange!


This is the shirt that makes me crazy...we all have one in our closet somewhere!
Basically get it lined up and flat as you can.

Cut of the hem at the bottom of the shirt.

I could only make this scarf about 12 inches wide because of the size of the shirt to begin with. The larger the shirt, the wider you can make your scarf.  Having only 12 inches to work with made the scarf a little skinnier than I would have normally liked....but I HAD to have SOMETHING ORANGE!!

Place your foot in one end of the tube you cut from the shirt, pull with your hand and STRETCH that baby out!!
and STRETCH some more...and STRETCH some more...and STRETCH
and if your shirt has a tag in the side, cut it off ...part of the reason this shirt made me CRAZY!!

Final result!!
GLADEWATER BEARS REGIONAL CHAMPIONS 2013


The sunset was beautiful that evening too....glowing ORANGE!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment