Wednesday, January 30, 2013

LOVE IS IN THE AIR



We do not have a fireplace in the main living room, and I like to decorate this shelf as if it was a mantle.
I put this LOVE vignette together with items I already had around the house and a few additions that were purchased at the dollar store!
The LOVE banner was made from a roll of 9 inch burlap, aqua thread, pink fabric scraps, fusable interfacing and a piece of twine. I marked off 5 inches to make the individual pennants. The new serger I got for Christmas made edging each pennant a breeze! As you can see, I used an aqua thread for some contrast and the fact that I am obsessed with this color.  I used my letter drawing skill, that was perfected throughout high school, to draw hearts and L-O-V-E onto my pink fabric. I did apply light-weight fusable interfacing to add some bulk before sewing the letters and hearts to the burlap with a zig zag stitch.  Next fold the top edge of the pennant over a piece of twine and stitch closed.  Super easy and super cute!
The small frames were made from sheet music, a small heart punch and a larger hand drawn heart from card stock. Put them in simple black frames and voilĂ !
The red water pail was in the closet and the only purchase I made was at Dollar Tree for the pink heart piks that I placed in the pail.



No comments:

Post a Comment